There are many people who say that to travel is their greatest passion.
Whether you travel for business or for leisure, you’ll want to be earning money while you travel. This is so that when you see the full spectrum of what certain lands have to offer, with the additional money you make, you can stay a little longer.
With Travels your Money is Quickly Gobbled Up
It is true, that while you don’t need a lot of money to start your travels, you’ll have to reconcile yourself to the fact that you cannot be travelling, eating and enjoying accommodation for nothing. If you stay in a town, you’ll want to meet some locals, pop into a pub and grill and try some new cuisine. This costs money, and if you aren’t earning money while you travel, even though you’re travelling frugally, your money will quickly disappear.
Let’s look at 6 ways to earn money whilst you travel –
- 1. Depending on your destination, make enquiries because you may well be able to work on a farm. Working in another country will allow you to immerse yourself in another culture while being able to pay for your travel costs. There are travel programmes which offer advice and guidance on where you can earn money and gain some work experience.
- Teach English – how many people haven’t you heard of who are prepared to live in a foreign country while they teach? This allows them to explore the country at the same time. Many teaching posts are short-term – just for a few months.
- Become a caregiver – this is a great job where you feel fulfilled because you’re contributing to the community. The UK is an ideal destination for these jobs which doesn’t always require any previous training, while still paying well. These kinds of jobs allow you to choose when you work so there’ll be plenty of time to travel once you’ve made some extra cash.
- In Costa Rica, if you’re English speaking for instance, but can also speak Spanish, there are excellent opportunities for you to work in lodges and tourist environments where you can even be trained as a tour guide. Languages open doors, and with Spanish as a second language, you’ll be in demand as an interpreter and translator.
- Become a pet- or house-sitter or an au-pair. You just have to land one job looking after a house or pets and do it exceeding well and you’ll be in demand as other people travel and want their home and pets well looked after while they’re travelling. Join a website such as Trusted Housesitters, stay a while and very soon you’ll have enough bucks to take your travels further.
All the above jobs may require some training and certificates, whereas online trading can be done without any previous training, and it can be done 24/7.
- Online trading – the beauty about trading online is that with a computer, mobile device and Internet connection wherever you travel, you can be trading and making money 24/7. If you’re new to making money this way, choosing a reputable broker such as CMC Markets will be a smart move. Make sure you choose brokers like this who have an excellent reputation and with no hidden fees. Online trading does involve risks and it also requires some time to know how to avoid losing trades and money and how to benefit from overall earnings. These earnings will allow you to travel for longer so you can enjoy more inspiring landscapes and a rich diversity of countless attractions.
Speculate on Price Movements
There are online trading platforms for different markets and asset classes such as commodities, foreign exchange, equities and options. CFD trading is where you speculate on the price movement of financial markets such as currencies, regardless of whether prices are rising or falling. CFD trading is popular because CFDs are tax efficient. This means you don’t pay stamp duty and you can use just a small amount of money to control a large value position. The way it works is that when you open a CFD position, choose the amount of CFDs you want to trade. With each point the market moves in your favour, your profits will rise.
Many travellers have been unable to resist riding the thrilling volatility of the stock market. With the right broker to guide you, you have all the tricks of the trade to trade the markets and earn cash while you’re on the go. With the other jobs mentioned above, you’re committed to staying in one place for several months while you honour your working commitments. With online trading, you’re literally as free as a bird.